Counter Example for Combined Schedule Optimality
The Combined Scheduler places contours in greedily.
- Take the robot with the shortest schedule
- Add the next contour to it as early as possible (choose minimum wait time for collision free)
This process does not give the optimal wait times for a given set of rollouts.
In image below:
- top left: rollouts for r1 and r2
- top right: collision free offset graphs necessary to create a combined schedule
- remaining: Joint schedule using current greedy method and a more optimal solution for the rollout